Friday, April 24, 2009

longest two minutes

metrosexual: just because a man likes to take care of himself doesn't mean he is gay anymore - southpark

so taking influence from this statement and owing to the ample amount of free time i have at my disposal, i set out to do just that. what you may ask? being metro sexual that is, to the most extent possible, my will permitted. now i didnt actually knew what the term meant and hence i decided to get the word on the street about metrosexuality.

apparently, it turns out that the only other people who are as free as i am are homeless people. at an intersection, i asked one homeless guy, what does it mean to be a metrosexual. i don't know how but soon enough the central theme was of his donkey named jesse and an onion. so i then went to the university village, at around lunch, as it was a host to college students and people with "different" lifestyles. i noticed a guy who was groomed and decided to ask him, what metrosexuality meant to him. and this is what i got, " get on with the times girlfriend, metrosexual is soooo 2005. these days you switch your lifestyle altogether and express yourself more freely."

okaaaaay. my luck! the first time i try to take a survey amongst the people and i bump into a gay guy making advances on me. needless to say, i ran away - to the other side of the pavement. here was a welcoming change. a couple of girls were walking towards me. my thinking was, if anybody knew about grooming, it would be them. not because how they looked :D but because grooming, in my ignorant? opinion is a girl thing :D.

so i waited for them, not staring at them ( you dont want to scare them away!) and when they were at earshot, i put forward this question. now as straightforward and simple this question seemed, they just giggled and walked away.

puzzled, i thought to answer the question myself. what would one look at when you see somebody. my instinct told me, apart from the handsome face would be the hair. that seemed to be a reasonable conclusion. so i rushed to superior ( a super market) near by and headed for the shampoo counter.


seeing the options that i was given, i decided to buy a moisturizer. and eventually i chose the pantene pro v ( that strengthens my hair 10x times and is a daily moisture something) moisturizer. i must admit it was the 10x thing that lured me to buy it, not the moisturizer part. a first step "forward", i thought. as soon as i reached home, i headed for the shower.

as a staunch believer in rules, i read the instructions behind the back of the moisturizer bottle. it said take sufficient quantity, rinse your head with it and wait for two minutes. the bottle held high up in the air with two hands, as if performing a ritual, i said, " to metro-sexuality" and poured some on my hand and rinsed it. now i don't know about you guys, but those were the longest two minutes ever. it seemed like eternity and then soon enough i lost my patience. i think i am determined enough but the 2 minute wait wore me out. minutes later i found myself ensconced on the bed, the moisturizer in the drain and my will that had given up the idea to discover "metro-sexuality".

yet again, this new found fickle fad sits atop the pile of to do things before i die, which is a host for the flies. that said i think i have a new fad coming along, if only i could put my finger on it.

so nowadays you would find me smelling fresh ( thanks only to the deodorant). the rest of the whole bathing, cleaning is a sham that i will not partake in.

so until next time, fruit cake

cheers,

No comments: