Tuesday, January 27, 2009

my life.....a soap opera II

so well, i thought a second part would come up.

recap (with the crazy camera angles and arresting(? is that the right word?) music):

i was to get a job offer / a decisive career changing opportunity as foretold by astrologers, whom my mother had consulted. i was also awaiting the final decision on the extension.

intro music (some crap music with images of past episodes)

adverts (close up, vip underwear, 501 detergent tikia, rupa's thermocot etc etc)

finally:

ep II:

as i eagerly awaited the final decision and was ready to pack my bags for a visit to india, i don't hear back from my supervisor. knowing that the week following was christmas, i lost hope of getting the offer letter that week.

on jan 2 /3, i shoot a mail again to my supervisor ( wishing him happy new year and sorts, kinda buttering him up) and then ask him about the status, for which he regretfully informs me that the evil financial controller had rejected the whole proposal. i had prepared myself for this, so it didn't come to me as a shock. only a little resentment, but couple of donuts made me got over it.

this severed my spending capacity (another blow to the american economy).

by the way, in the last month i made 3 trips to san jose! :P one with a visit to a haunted hotel (more on that later).

so i wondered, how is my life not going to be the same mundane routine, as i had nothing to do. surprise suprise i started giving interviews to the university paper on an application that i had made and a tv interview as well on the same topic.

this seemed a welcoming change.

so as i await any further development in my career, i sit on my bed ( which is nice and comfy), with thoughts about someone, guitar, music etc. lingering. they keep me active.

and i am blossoming into a fine cook (i am surprised as you are!)

until there is another episode,

cheers

1 comment:

Muktabh said...

All the best mate...