Monday, November 27, 2006

An unending saga in the IT domain and other stories(to follow)

Well last week I was visiting my cousins in Hyderabad. And trust me my cousins have "infiltrated" almost every I.T. company there is in India, which is when I realized that each and everybody working in the I.T. industry strives for one singular motive.

Na, it is not the appraisal! It’s gaining full privileges on the system you are working on. Be it a newbie or a veteran, they yearn for gaining those privileges. Once achieved, they don’t want the word to spread, because if it does boy, you have the admin people knocking on your door, questioning you about the shit that is going on.

And what do you do with those privileges you earned? Nothing! Perhaps brag amongst your confidants and that’s about it. It is a personal victory. You may never use them but you so desperately need them. Something like, it’s my PC so I am the king, not you! Who are you to control my bot anyway?

One always enjoys doing stuff he isn’t supposed to do and he gets even more anxious when he is instructed not to do it. There is a certain thrill to it.

And this saga is unending. Something that will always be fresh. Everyone tries some trick or the other in an attempt to gain those godly powers over one’s computer. It is a sensation very close to: Good triumphing over Evil.

Thank God, they invented the e-mail. Also Thank God they kept it free!!!

People would surely be sore if they hadnt had their quota of forwards or send them till they are satiated. E-mailing is one activity that any I.T. person lavishly indulges himself in. And nobody minds it. That and chatting! People sure can talk a lot!! I mean a LOTTTT!


Well I am done yakking.

Till we meet again

Au Revoir

No comments: